Sunday, April 5, 2009

Swimming Cities of Swoon

SAILING ART RAFTS: THE NEXT GENERATION

A new generation of raft artists have hit the water!
Giving myself a little credit here, I think I was the first to bring full-blown art onto the sailing raft scene.
There are art rafts all over the world, but very few that sail.
NYC Artist SWOON has brought this art raft concept to new heights. She is creating art rafts and sailing them in exotic seas in far away lands.
Her third adventure with her sustainability circus is entitled Swimming Cities of Serenissima is comprised of three rafts that will float through the Adriatic Sea from Slovenia to Venice throughout May 2009. The final destination will be Venice.







My Dragon raft, which was abandoned on the Hudson river in 1997 has lived at Swoon's art retreat on Long Island for over 10 years. It is currently being restored.



I've never been to this place, but one of these days I'd like to check it out.
Either that or meet I'll meet Swoon in Slovenia.

2 comments:

love23 said...

That lighted houseboat is amazing. I am so glad that I got to spend some time on DRAGON FLY'S BANQUET on the Hudson River. That seems so very long ago now. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

That lighted houseboat is amazing

___________________

Vince

HD Access for just $10 a month to your FAVORITE Channels!