Sunday, January 4, 2009

The mystery of Nadia Hagen

Nadia Hagen and her husband, Paul Weir, are the founders of pyrotechnic circus, Flam Chen.


Nadia on New Year's Eve in Bisbee.

I happened to be sitting next to Nadia in the park on New Year's day as she drew in her sketchbook. I was amazed by her drawings. She told me she sketches all her ideas in her book first, and then makes them a reality as Flam Chen.
I asked her if I could take a few pictures of her sketches, and she told me I could.














Nadia blows me away for so many reasons, and these drawings are just one aspect of the mystery of Nadia Hagen.

7 comments:

Jess said...

I tried to comment three times now but I'm speechless! WoW!

Charlene said...

Totally incredible! Thanks for giving us a peek into the mind of such artistic genius.

kcmustang said...

amazing...not since Dr. Suess.... just like Jess said ... WoW!!!

El-Change-O! said...

I'm with you all, wow!

Chew-Mee said...

Bery Bery nice,me wonder if Nadia wood likie 2 makie Blimp wit me? PS- "Mission-Gimp" may have to B on Turs-day due 2 da factie fresh paintie No likie da muddie. CM

love23 said...

I love her name first off, and the drawings are just excellent and playful, the photo of her beautiful and the last drawing just gives my imagination a big hug. She was so understated and a delight to meet out of costume!

Vince said...

Amazing..........

___________________

Vince

#1 Satellite Television Service Provider