Sunday, January 4, 2009

The mystery of Nadia Hagen

Nadia Hagen and her husband, Paul Weir, are the founders of pyrotechnic circus, Flam Chen.


Nadia on New Year's Eve in Bisbee.

I happened to be sitting next to Nadia in the park on New Year's day as she drew in her sketchbook. I was amazed by her drawings. She told me she sketches all her ideas in her book first, and then makes them a reality as Flam Chen.
I asked her if I could take a few pictures of her sketches, and she told me I could.














Nadia blows me away for so many reasons, and these drawings are just one aspect of the mystery of Nadia Hagen.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to comment three times now but I'm speechless! WoW!

Charlene said...

Totally incredible! Thanks for giving us a peek into the mind of such artistic genius.

KCmustang said...

amazing...not since Dr. Suess.... just like Jess said ... WoW!!!

Paintress Gretchen said...

I'm with you all, wow!

Anonymous said...

Bery Bery nice,me wonder if Nadia wood likie 2 makie Blimp wit me? PS- "Mission-Gimp" may have to B on Turs-day due 2 da factie fresh paintie No likie da muddie. CM

love23 said...

I love her name first off, and the drawings are just excellent and playful, the photo of her beautiful and the last drawing just gives my imagination a big hug. She was so understated and a delight to meet out of costume!

Anonymous said...

Amazing..........

___________________

Vince

#1 Satellite Television Service Provider