Sunday, May 17, 2009

My blue blood

Actually I have none, but it sounded like a catchy blog title.



In truth, I come from a long line of regular working folk from Martha's Vineyard. All the way back to the 1600's, in fact.
Teachers, plumbers, carpenters, fishermen, oh, and the first doctor on the Island, Abner West, was my Great, Great, Great, ( however many Greats) Grandfather. Interestingly, none of my ancestors had the foresight to buy property.

My Great Grandfather was a Sea Captain, which is way cool.


I bring this up because I am thinking about the subject matter for my next art show on Martha's Vineyard, August 15th.

I'm not abandoning my Hillary obsession ( heaven forbid!), but I probably won't be painting any more Hillary portraits for a while.
The spotlight will be on pantsuits, and we all know Hillary and pantsuits are synonymous.
The pantsuits will be in tandem with all those old blue blood games like Croquet.



Well, enough blabbing... it's time to paint!
Croquet, anyone?

7 comments:

Louise Monkai said...

Good call old girl! Simply a splendid idea!

Paintress Gretchen said...

This one is all your fault, old girl!

Flying Mermaid said...

Shit, I had no idea you were nearly a Mayflower child! Should I be frightened?

That picture of you is too cute -- you still make that expression.

Flying Mermaid said...

Oh, and not to belittle that adorable picture of your sea captain great grandpa!

Paintress Gretchen said...

Be frightened!

Flying Mermaid said...

Okie dokie. I stand shivering.

Anonymous said...

Great columns.....
___________________

Vince

More Movies More Fun & Entertainment