Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Designing the Pantsuit

I am on my way to designing my first Pantsuit creation.
I have never had one of my own designs professionally made, so to me this is exciting.
I have an appointment with "my" seamstress tomorrow.
Yes, this is also Kate Pearson's seamstress, Chevela, so I don't have total dibs on her.

Here's my basic design...

This pantsuit will be for everyday wear, so it needs to be cool and comfortable.
I added slits up the sides of the pants for extra ventilation, but the real trick is going to be the fabric.
Does anyone know where I can get fabric that is treadbare, ratty, with holes already in it?
I'm taking a jacket and pants I like as a basic design to work with. 

To me, a pantsuit should say one thing...
MONSTER.

6 comments:

love23 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pantsuit design, can't wait until it is completed and you are wearing it. I can imagine all kinds of velvets for the winter too!

Paintress Gretchen said...

Where will I wear it? I'll wear it EVERYWHERE!

Jess said...

Love it! Can't wait till it's done and you are wearing it EVERYWHERE, even to work!

Paintress Gretchen said...

Oh yes, once I get this one the way I want, it's on to pantsuits for work, play, and everything in between.
All I'll have to decide on every morning is what color pantsuit mood am I in.

KCmustang said...

What a great design...i love it.
To me, a pantsuit should say one thing.... Rockstar! yours does. and you are. can't wait to see the your pantsuit design live...perhaps in person even. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great design...
___________________

Vince

Your movies on demand