Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Designing the Pantsuit

I am on my way to designing my first Pantsuit creation.
I have never had one of my own designs professionally made, so to me this is exciting.
I have an appointment with "my" seamstress tomorrow.
Yes, this is also Kate Pearson's seamstress, Chevela, so I don't have total dibs on her.

Here's my basic design...

This pantsuit will be for everyday wear, so it needs to be cool and comfortable.
I added slits up the sides of the pants for extra ventilation, but the real trick is going to be the fabric.
Does anyone know where I can get fabric that is treadbare, ratty, with holes already in it?
I'm taking a jacket and pants I like as a basic design to work with. 

To me, a pantsuit should say one thing...
MONSTER.

6 comments:

love23 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pantsuit design, can't wait until it is completed and you are wearing it. I can imagine all kinds of velvets for the winter too!

Hillary Clinton Army said...

Where will I wear it? I'll wear it EVERYWHERE!

Jess said...

Love it! Can't wait till it's done and you are wearing it EVERYWHERE, even to work!

Hillary Clinton Army said...

Oh yes, once I get this one the way I want, it's on to pantsuits for work, play, and everything in between.
All I'll have to decide on every morning is what color pantsuit mood am I in.

kcmustang said...

What a great design...i love it.
To me, a pantsuit should say one thing.... Rockstar! yours does. and you are. can't wait to see the your pantsuit design live...perhaps in person even. :)

Vince said...

What a great design...
___________________

Vince

Your movies on demand