Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Harvest time

They're harvesting souls,
it's harvest time.
The reaper's done another crime.
He waits until it's late at night, 
and steals the souls that shine most bright.
Souls that sparkle, souls that shine,
watch your back, it's harvest time.

Creative souls, living their dreams,
it's not as easy as it seems,
these are the souls that shine most bright,
these are the souls that give the most light.

First it's Tom, now it's Rose,
who is next, no one knows.
The reaper's got more work to do,
this won't be over till harvest is through.
Souls that sparkle, souls that shine,
watch your back, it's harvest time.

7 comments:

hkasvinsky said...

I've come across your blog searching for news about Rose. Rose was a dear friend of mine when I lived in Bisbee 10 years ago. This is such tragic and awful news! She will be very missed in too many ways to list. It just feels so wrong that this misfortune happened to such a bright, beautiful free, and talented soul such as Rose. This will take a long time to accept.

Paintress Gretchen said...

Yes, I think we are all in shock. It seemed like Rose had so much more work to do. But then again she did so much more than most people ever do, already.
It's great that we have so many beautiful Rose murals all over town to remember her by.

Cobban said...

I only met Rose a couple of times. That's all it takes to know that she was (and still is) a truly wonderful person. The short amount of time I have spent chatting with her left such an impression on me that I am very, very sad today...

Tour Wonk said...

ugh.... I hate this.

Flying Mermaid said...

This is so tragic I can't take it in! I think I need to come into town and gaze at her. Please keep me posted on any memorials or anything.

Ohhh, ROSE!!!

Paintress Gretchen said...

I will.

Anonymous said...

This is so tragic I can't take it in

___________________

Vince

Entertainment at one stop