Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

It's my Mother's birthday today! Happy birthday Jackie Baer!



Jackie is an artist, a professional photographer, and just a wonderful open-hearted and open-minded person who loves to have fun.

Whatever form of art she decides to try her hand at, she excels in.
For instance, this summer she decided to try one of my favorite kinds of art, the art of gluing found and collected objects.
She made this table she calls "The Garden of Good and evil".



Here's some close-ups:





You should also see her photography, the jewelry she makes, the teddy bears she sews, her drawings and her paintings!

I consider myself extremely blessed to even know Jackie, never mind the fact that somehow I won the golden ticket and landed on this earth with Jackie and Gene as my parents!

I love you Mom, happy birthday!

8 comments:

KCmustang said...

Happy Birthday Jackie. Have a great Birth Day ...Week and Month

We are so blessed that you were born... if not for you we would not have our fearless leader of the HCA and wonderful friend Gretchen. xo

Charlene said...

Happy Birthday to Jackie!

Thanks, Gretchen, for showing us a wonderful glimpse into the remarkable woman you get to call Mom.

love23 said...

Hey Jackie, Have a great birthday! I remember my visits to Martha's Vineyard fondly and your beautiful home!!! Have a great week! Love KATE

Anonymous said...

Thank You Gretchen-----We are blessed to have a Wonderful, Talented, and Outrageous daughter like you Love Mom

Paintress Gretchen said...

Mom, have fun today working on your new art project!

Anonymous said...

Aww, so sweet. Happy B-Day Jackie!

Flying Mermaid said...

I feted her over at MyHo -- you know, that, well, first I got to Google spot -- but I see she hasn't been there in forever. Guess she got over her mermaid fixation, waaah!

I was on time there, but late here. Happy Birthday, anyway, Jackie!

XX

Anonymous said...

Have a fun.......

___________________

Vince

Lock in your price today for Your favorite channels - and keep it there until 2010!