Thursday, July 3, 2008

Eye Spy!

Lately, I've been trying my best to be positive about Barack Obama as our next President. Well, at least in so far as to imagine Hillary as our Vice. But some of Obama's recent actions are really disappointing to me. I'm not talking about his lame attempts this week to get conservative voters behind him. I'm talking about his recent endorsement of Bush's legislation to expand our government's domestic spying power. Oh yea, more wire tapping and government control. Wasn't the idea to move away from this Orwellian "Big Brother" stuff?
I'm looking in to my crystal ball over here, and trying to decipher a meaning to all this. My crystal, however, is just a piece of cheap plastic! Can someone please give me a reason as to why Obama thought this was a groovy idea?

3 comments:

love23 said...

Hey GB that sounds awful! I have been out of the news loop, after watching furiously during the campaign. By the way, my letter is not in the paper, as I didn't know you have to include your phone number. I will try again next week, but so wanted it in for this busy weekend, maybe it will in the end work to my advantage.

Paintress Gretchen said...

I look forward to it! anything like Doug's?

love23 said...

Yes a bit I would say, with a few more actual facts throne in too!