Friday, July 25, 2008

Get out your secret decoder ring , kids...

What is she really saying? Does anyone have any of that invisible ink reverser?


Dear Gretchen,

Thank you for the special contribution you made to our campaign as a volunteer. We made and lived history, and it could not have been done without you!

Our local staff across the country depended on the time and commitment of out-of-state volunteers. From winter to spring, in good weather and bad, in small towns and big cities, you were always there. I am grateful for the hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles you traveled, the signs you held, the doors you knocked, and the calls to local voters urging their support.

Now we embark on the next leg of this historic journey. Please know that I will continue to work for the safety and security of our country and advocate for the millions of Americans who are without health care, who are disenfranchised, or unable to achieve their God-given potential. To these ends I will work vigorously to unite our party and win back the White House in November.

With friendship and warm regards, I am

Sincerely yours,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

4 comments:

love23 said...

HEY GB, I got one of those yesterday too, I was gonna write you and tell you. I think she is saying that she wants a Democrat to win and she will do whatever's necessary to make that happen, ie which means supporting Obama. The powers that be are certainly trying to spin bad press for him these days. I hate the way the media runs things, and it will only get uglier as the election approaches. I know I want a Democrat to win, so I will support him too.

Paintress Gretchen said...

I've mostly only seen glowing press about him these days, especially while he is "abroad". Photo Op central!
My secret decoder ring, on the other hand, detects a note of resignation in her letter.
I pulled out my secret spy kit and splashed this message with invisible ink revealer, and it said...
" GRETCHEN....DO..NOT...GO......TO and then I ran out of ink revealer!

love23 said...

Actually I think DO NO GO is a good message for you to receive. Too emotionale an experience, I feel. Maybe better lived an idea, like my driving across country, when now I find my van's currently getting 18 miles to the gallon. OK, on with this muggy day.

Paintress Gretchen said...

Yea, I figured gas would cost me about 500.00, and with everything I'd blow a thousand. But mostly I think it would be too much of an Obama-fest to stomach!