G.B.'s tips for party throwing.
1. Change all the lighting in your house. Add disco balls, lazer lights if you got 'em, christmas lights, etc. Change out all regular light bulbs to party red, blue and green light bulbs.
2. Assemble junk together in ways that will keep people saying "Huh"? Whole room assemblages are the best.
3. Create nooks and hideaways where people can sit. Make sure to put out toys for them to play with. Tonight I decided to go with a "psychic" theme (ouija boards, candles, fortune-telling toys).
4. Speaking of themes, a good costume theme is a sure winner. Get people thinking creatively. The stranger the better, to keep people on their toes.
(I'm forgoing the costume theme tonight as this is a last minute party.)
5. Make sure you have a good music system that plays through-out the house. If you don't have this... try a trashy thrift store record player.
6. Don't forget plenty of good old fashioned liquor. Cold beer, nice wines, tequila, etc. Always make sure there's plenty of food...but not so much that your party becomes a food-fest... boring!
7. Most importantly, invite fun people who know how to party!
Oh, and if the police come consider your party a success!
Those are a few of my tips,and it's time to get rolling! please share your party tips with us!
Moving my blog...
10 months ago