Monday, December 15, 2008

Mission accomplished!

Mission accomplished!
Photos are all on Kelly's camera, and we are trying to figure out how to get them off.
Here's the cliff notes...
We had the rock star section of the room. Just Kelly and I and a secret service guy, to the left of the stage.
Painting the event was fun, and I fully enjoyed the sensation. I don't think my paintings were that great though, I need more practice.
When the event ended, Hillary bee-lined it off the stage and headed directly towards us. Yikes!
I thought, "oh crap, the painting is wet, it's not that good. What am I going to do?"
Kelly said "give her the painting", so I did.
Hillary said, "did you paint this painting just now?" I told her that I did.
"Did you sign it?" She turned it over and saw that I did.
She said," I need your address so that I can thank you for it".
She was very sweet and very complimentary. I don't think she recognized me without my Hillsuit though.

Uma came over with her Blackberry and took down my address.
I worried Uma might get some paint on her sweater, and told her so.

Then Kelly and I went out for a fantastic vegan dinner.

8 comments:

love23 said...

Weird that you didn't tell her you are Gretchen of HILL CAR fame and the one who just held a Hillary Clinton Island Birthday Party for her. There can't be another Gretchen that did that. Good job. Can't wait to see the painting. xoKATE

Paintress Gretchen said...

Ya, time goes fast with the Hillster!

Alessandro Machi said...

Can the army really be more awesome than the general that inspired the army? Maybe the paint fumes made you say that.

Just sayin.

http://www.DailyPUMA.com

Are the pictures on film, or digital?

Anonymous said...

Yea! Yea! You did it! Believe it Achieve it. You made contact. She took your painting. That is so great. Hillary probably figured out who you are when she took the painting to her office and had a quiet moment of reflection. She's smart like that.

I look forward to the pictures. Say hi to Ed, Kelly and Mark for me.

Paintress Gretchen said...

Your right, nothing passes by Hillary , she never misses a beat!
Awesome doesn't even begin to describe Hillary!

love23 said...

Now I am wondering what other amazing exciting adventures you will pull off in the Big A! Anything there can be FUN. Looking forward to the photos as you post them! Pat & Bill move into their house today!

Paintress Gretchen said...

Kate, I just don't know at the moment.
The birthday party, maybe a special mission that Hillary gives us?

KCmustang said...

Well done! you amaze me! xKC