Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Toulouse-LaPigeon

I made a new friend today. His name is Toulouse-LaPigeon and he lives in the bell tower.

At first I thought he was dead,



but he was only sleeping.

He was happy to show me some of his favorite haunts.



He loves his solitary view of the city.






He sleeps high in the bell tower.





He can see the Hudson River from his perch.






He loves art but hates galleries. He says they are too sterile and snobby.


He says that sometimes Debbie Harry comes up to visit him, and he thinks she is the bomb.

Toulouse and I have a lot in common, we got along wonderfully.
He likes the sound of Bisbee, and has decided to come for a visit!

8 comments:

Charlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlene said...

Cool! A new mascot coming home to Bisbee! Can't wait to meet Toulouse La Pigeon. Your NYC experience looks great so far!

Paintress Gretchen said...

Pretty low key at the moment... just me, Hillary, Blondie and TouLouse! Party in the bell tower, your all invited!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you sir... can't wait to see you here in Bisbee!

Louise Monkai said...

Looking kinda nappy there, Toulouse... like you've been pecked at one to many times... want to go to Elmo's for a quick one?

Paintress Gretchen said...

I'll be there tomorrow night, baby!

love23 said...

Hey GB, I'm gonna go to the Bill Carter Howe Gelb thing in Tucson on Thursday. I guess you can't? But putting that out there. I am gonna take Diane and stay overnight afterwards. It's at MOCA!

Paintress Gretchen said...

Have fun, Kate! I wish I could go!